Young Fives is a Kindergarten program designed for children who turn 5 between June 1 and September 1 and may need an extra year of social or emotional growth.
After completing Young Fives, our students move on to traditional Kindergarten classrooms the following year.
To lean more about Clarkston classroom options and for information regarding how to enroll your child, please contact Clarkston Central Enrollment at 248-623-5401.
In Young fives, your child will:
- Make new friends and learn about the world around them.
- Talk and write about their ideas.
- Learn about letters, sounds, words, and books.
- Learn about numbers, shapes, patterns and size.
- Explore reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Begin to think critically, creatively, and independently!