Young Fives is a Kindergarten program designed for children who turn 5 between June 1 and December 1 and may need an extra year of social or emotional growth.
After completing Young Fives, our students move on to traditional Kindergarten classrooms the following year.
In Young fives, your child will:
- Make new friends and learn about the world around them.
- Talk and write about their ideas.
- Learn about letters, sounds, words, and books.
- Learn about numbers, shapes, patterns and size.
- Explore reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Begin to think critically, creatively, and independently!
The start of school is an exciting time and an important step for the whole family.
- Your first step for preparing for school is to register for school! Visit our Enrollment page for more information about Young Fives and Kindergarten Enrollment.
- To learn more about Clarkston's Kindergarten options and for information regarding how to enroll your child, please contact Central Enrollment at 248.623.5401.