Healthy & Active Clarkston Kids
The Elementary Physical Education educators of Clarkston Community Schools are committed to the developmentally appropriate instruction that will allow the learners to acquire the physical skills, knowledge and personal social attributes necessary to pursue a healthy active lifestyle.Every elementary school student in Clarkston will participate in XX minutes of physical education, X times per week on a rotating schedule.
For more information about elementary physical education in Clarkston, please visit our PE Teacher Pages.
National and State Standards for Physical Education
- Standard 1: Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Standard 2: Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Standard 3: Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Standard 4: Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Standard 5: Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Standard 6: Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
Meet the Teacher